Friday, July 31, 2009

El Campo

Out of some stubbornness and insistance on using my own computer, I have neglected to write since I arrived early early Sunday morning.

Another factor has been an equally stubborn sinus infection, which, much to my dismay on this first Friday night, still persists. If I wake up tomorrow disappointed, I will be seeing a doctor for some antibiotics.

A lot has happened, and even in this first week I have seen a lot, heard a lot, and gotten a good feel for this country and how it differs from my home. I am using Spanish all the time, and it still baffles me that this set of sounds can elicit responses in other people, even though they barely make sense to me.

But, I am about to go dine with a student of mine and his family, and I am weary. My head is too full of mucuous to have much else in it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment